About Chinese Family For Christ International (CFFC) – Headquarters
Chinese Family For Christ International (CFFC) was founded by Dr Peter Chiu and his wife, Mrs Josephine Chiu, in 1st April 1990. CFFC is a Christian-faith based, non-denominational, non-profit organisation serving Chinese communities worldwide. In 2010, its headquarters was moved from the city of San Francisco in the United States to Hong Kong. Working at the frontline are its branches and coordination groups distributed globally.
The logo of this organisation as shown below represents our belief and values worldwide.
|Green colour:||The green colour is symbolic of the growth of life, the growth of individual, family, and the church.|
|The Cross:||The cross points to the salvation by Christ being the foundation for family.|
|The Couple:||The husband and wife as one couple serving each other and other couples.|
|The Hearts:||The symbol of hearts expresses the fact that change of a life starts from the heart.|
|Serving as a team:||As the husband and wife in each couple serve out of their united hearts, they will find themselves in a growing community of serving couples.|
Vision and Mission
To build up Christian characters of the couples we serve so that they can live out a Christ-like life.
To enrich the marriage relationship of couples through their participation in the enrichment retreat and the follow-up fellowship in order to bring about a revival of their spiritual life leading to a holistic Christian character development.
Core value, Philosophy and Spirit
Want nothing for oneself, but give everything to the Lord. Live out a life to impact life in ministry.
Philosophy and Spirit
- Life with life fellowship, serving together with gifts
- Life more important than gifts, relationship more important than ministry (Ephesians 2:10; Isaiah 64:8)
- Life before ministry, characters more important than exteriors.
- Submission before mission (1 Samuel 15:22)
- Team more important than individual. Esteem others better than oneself. (Philippians 2:3-4)
- The Lord must be greater. I must become less. (John 3:30)
- Seek to work with churches to strengthen and renew relationships in Christian families through ministries such as preventative initiatives, training, research and counselling.
- Prevent the breakdown of marriage and family.
- Bring about holistic renewal of characters and commitment of whole family to the Lord. To spread the gospel through personal and family testimonies in order to accomplish the Great Commission entrusted to us by Jesus.
Profile of Chairman
Peter Chiu, Ed. D.
- B.A. in Foreign Languages & Literature, National Taiwan University
- M.Ed. in Counseling, North Texas State University
- Ed. D. in Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Chairman, Department of Psychology, Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan
- Adjunct Professor, China Evangelical Seminary, Taiwan
- Marriage & Family Consultant, Family Wellness Center, TungHai University, Taiwan
- Director, Department of Counseling, Chinese Christian Mission, U.S.A.
- Director, CCM San Francisco Counseling Center, U.S.A.
- Fellow, American Psychotherapy Association
- Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- Clinical Member, California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
- Clinical Member, American Association of Christian Counselors
- President, Chinese Family for Christ International Ltd.
- California State Licensed Marriage, Family & Child Therapist